Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, June 15, 2009

I Still Count!

A Census taker came bySunday. He was preceded by a letter from the Bureau assuring me that my randomly selected address was their primary interest- I am sure that is true because the agent wanted to know about the never-lived-in trailers down the road. This is part of an on-going special interest survey focussing on employment. He is an atmospheric meteorologist by training who is employed doing this and the National guard because of the employment situation. It was an interesting process. "Would I take a job?" I thought for a minute and said "Yes." That kind of surprised me. They are going to follow my progress for several months. Most can be done by telephone now.

Sunday couldn't have been a nicer day. Pretty warm and sunshine nearly all day long. Buster was hearing thunder because he was close all day (like today which is grey and threatening). I got some pictures of my beautiful red-headed boy. Honey is turning into a special girl. She never fails to give Buster a kiss and she will find him if I can't which admittedly is not often-he is keeping close these days.


Rich called again from Seattle-he is having fun and they will return on Wednesday. Matthew escaped the Oregon state budget cuts. His job is safe for now. Greg returned my call- I had been wondering about those guys. It has been wet back there too. He has to replant his beans. The seed that got planted in his 23 year old daughter by a 33 year old guy took, however. He bought a dump truck ($500.00-1963 International) and is fixing his lengthy road, shoring up his ponds and keeping busy. Lew is working at the clinic a couple of days a week-enough to keep licensed. We all agree-Florida is great in the winter but there is no place like home.

I spent some time in the "studio" and made four compilation CD's. Cooked some Bison meat for the dogs and me-my stock went up in their eyes. Salisbury steak and a baked potato for me. I am done with russet potatoes. Reds are so much better.
Posted by Picasa