Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

"Not Responsible For Misprints"

Took the morning coffee here which always puts me in a good frame of mind. About ten a.m. we loaded up for Lander and I was prepped to do business on several fronts and make a day of it, taking pictures, going to the courthouse, ALCO and having lunch. The next picture is of our return this evening from the Riverton side looking toward the gap that holds Washakie Dam. Cloudy and stormy and the light was very interesting. Click it to enlarge, you will like what you see.
Click this one taken in the morning on our way to Lander- The clouds were in front of the mountains except the mountain tops were peeking through. The countryside is beautiful this year. Lander is looking pretty perky too. Several building projects and the Pioneer Museum is open. I didn't go in but it is on the radar now. It deserves more time than I had today. ALCO was our first stop to scarf up a $179.00 Flat screen LCD digital Sansui 26 inch Television set. Oops! It was a misprint. They tried to sell me "up" but I bought down dang 'em. A 19 inch digital TV for $119.00 which was not a misprint and will serve its limited purpose in my life.
I took my Florida paperwork to the courthouse to get the Jeep titled in my name and buy plates for it. I did not have the Palm Beach Sheriff's Officer's signature notarized but the Clerk accepted it as it was. That part went well. The plates and paperwork are already stashed in the Ford Van so they will not get forgotten. With a new John Sandford mystery (Phantom Prey) from ALCO in hand I went to the Gannett Grill, ate one of their fabulous hamburgers (took the bacon off for the dogs) sitting outside and reading. Sooz and Bon had been recommending some Wyoming based authors for me but this will do in the meantime. Two sex acts and a murder and I am only on page 33-pretty good! I came home by way of 789 Bingo to buy gas and smokes. This was a better day ALCO's treachery notwithstanding.

Poor Buster was so bushed last night he went to bed early and when I got there I had to move him-he was like Gumby-he stayed in whatever position I put him. A good night's rest put him right and he was giving me wakeup kisses about 7:30 (yuk!) but I made us all stay in bed until 8:30. I needed the rack time. He played out again this morning but Honey "get's it" and led me to him. After a rest he made it home. The coon is still around. Honey went on a rampage with hackles up this evening. She is impressive. A pack of coyotes were singing on the hill tonight so I brought her in. She'll work all night if you let her. She likes her flock/herd in a group. It is fascinating to watch her work. She put subtle pressure on a bunch of calves this afternoon-she pushes them a little then lays down and stares at them-pretty soon they are heading for mom. If one challenges her though, he is going to get it.
Posted by Picasa