Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pop! Phooosh Redux

A Sudafed helped the breathing a lot. I used to take them nearly every day but they tend to elevate the blood pressure which I don't need. So the problem was definitely environmental-just what, is impossible to tell because everything is popping. Live and learn. Will look for an allergy pill that does not kick up blood pressure. I can't use Benadryl because I use them for sleeping aids-because I found they work for that.

The UPS man came and Honey was a terror. Didn't get close to him even but she is impressive. I will tell Bill to honk and I will meet him. She really is a good dog, I swear she is. I told the trainer in Florida that I thought she was smart and he said when people say that the dog is just being compliant. I'll stick by my guns. Honey is not particularly compliant but she is curious and figures things out. She was doing her best to get a calf to play with her this evening. The calf didn't tumble but I played tag with her-she gets so excited and we went round and round the van. She was pretty cagey. Buster is having mostly good days. He seems thinner but he is also getting more exercise.

The dreaded Pop! phoosh occurred while we were at Wendy's waiting in line, right next door to Taco Bell which is where it happened last time. The air conditioner lost its charge in a cloud of vapor. With the dogs, no air conditioning is a non functional car. So the Dodge Van will go to another place this time and I will try to recoup my money from Plains Tire. Very annoying.

My toys arrived and I played with the usb CD burner for the netbook. It works well and is a very small "form factor"- whoever came up with that term for size and shape deserves a kick in the keister. The printer will install tomorrow. I now have headphones for the Skype.

My little brother was bemoaning medical care changes as "socialized medicine." I told him I was on socialized medicine and was glad of it and brother Bob (the much older brother) would be $350,000 in the hole without it. Bob is taking some pills-pig enzymes to hold his weight: $765.00 per month. for those.