Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 22, 2009

Tick Tock

When something functions as designed it always inspires my admiration. Such was the picture of Honey pursuing an interloping coyote this morning. At full tilt she is a ground-eating machine. She picked a vector to intercept and was waiting for him. But the coyote hid in the buffalo berry bushes and I called her in when it looked like she was going in after it. She and Buster are just plain in cahoots. He spotted and alerted on the coyote before Honey or I spotted it. He used to be a little rocket but he has somebody to do his bidding, now. He tends to abuse it but she is a willing accomplice.

Officer Mahan called today-twice! He is not the sharpest but he does seem to be trying. The pistol is entered into a national computer base.

It seems if a blogger wants to get reader response, blogging about gas will do it. Hilariously, two of our mutual friends BOTH independently nominated another friend as being especially gifted in the gas department. She lives in Casper so I won't tattle. I used to date her so as much as others might think we would be a matched pair, I guess the good Lord was watching out for me.

I was not feeling up to snuff today and so piddled and diddled with the router, the aircard and some other gadgety things. Improved the Internet speed by at least half again. Had a bout of the screaming meemies after the trip to town for snakeshot and sundries and am feeling much better this evening but the legs are huge.

I prepped the turnpike van for a less prominent role in everyday life and fired up the newly shiny Dodge van for the tooling around role. It is smaller, lighter on its feet, and gets better mileage.

When in Lakeview, Oregon last fall I bought some Jergen's Age Defying lotion. I do not believe it performs as advertised. Hasn't done much for my face either.