Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Rainy Day

Honey is answering the coyotes with her bass bark that trails into a howl -pretty funny.
It was wet and drizzly at 6:00 A.M. Buster said "No thanks, I don't really need to go that bad." Honey went joyously out and got soaked. I towelled her off and decided she'd better stay in to get warm. That was a bad idea. A ride always is agreeable to both-particularly Buster so we went cruising by the brightly decorated cemeteries and the flags on Main Street and S. Federal-hundreds of them- very pretty. I thought about the day and those who had served the country and those who have served me who are no longer on the planet. WalMart got a little business. Then we wandered home,enjoying the heater in the van awhile longer by taking an obscure way. We were rewarded.

You will see no newer baby horse (foal) than this one. The mare's friends stand guard while she recovers.
This was not a new discovery but I have semi-coveted the old tractor seen up close below. So cool and at one time as life changing a bit of technology as anything. Old places have their stories- I suspect this was a sad one for if it was a step on the way up, the building would still be used for something.
My Casper friend called on Skype this morning and after he got his microphone fixed we chatted for awhile. I am such a rube! He doesn't pay anything. He did note that I answered up pretty quickly so maybe that is the difference. When I was signing up it wanted a monthly fee for an unlimited subscription. Discounted that came to $26.55 for the year. THEN it said I needed "Skype Credit" to draw against (tell me about the unlimited subscription again). So I put in $10.00. Now this is not going to break me up in business and I realize Skype is not a charity but the "free plan" would have been just fine for starters. I never even use all my cell phone minutes. But the video conference may be fun. Now I'll have to comb my hair to chat on the Skype phone. This is not progress.
Posted by Picasa