Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Rain

Rain is always welcome-we had some last night and we are having thunder and lightning now as I sip a hot cup of decaf and peck away at this better keyboard. The netbook keyboard and my fingers had a difficult relationship. Morning coffee on the deck was cool and pleasant today-apres le deluge freshness. The doggies were at my feet. I came inside for awhile and then realized it was pretty quiet out there so went looking. Honey and Buster had crossed the road-Honey was about 40 acres away but poor Buster had barely made it back to our side and the driveway. That is where I found him. He gamely tried to make it further but laid down again. I gathered him up and took him to his favorite spot. An hour later he was up and walking around, taking an interest in everything and normal looking. He went exploring in the pasture this afternoon but tonight he is really hacking. The emotional rollercoaster is hard on the O.F. not that Buster's path isn't the harder one. Honey seems awfully solicitous of him. He gets kisses whenever they meet.

Had interesting email and good reading today.

I have been diddling around with Skype. I don't really understand it-especially the money part. My blogger friend from Casper is on it-I will call him and ask questions. I swear they are intentionally obtuse on some of these things. I did have a conversation with Ken in Thunder Bay, Ontario-so I get that part. The cell phone surcharges between Canada and the US are quite high making Skype very desirable for them. I downloaded it to my Smartphone, the Motorola Q, also so I can make International calls for 2 cents a minute. Now if I only knew somebody to call....

The Native Americans are busily sprucing up the graveyards for Memorial Day. I like seeing that. Maybe I'll take a picture- and it occurs to me that it always rains on Memorial Day weekend. I've got pictures to prove it.