Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Little Valley

It is hell, absolute hell, I tell you to have to see this every time I come home. (irony). The picture is cropped because there was too much road in the foreground. It should enlarge with a click. The picture was taken on our way back from town. Several errands run but we should be OK through the weekend now. The main reason for the trip was gasoline for the mowers, etc. With fresh gas I fired up the 3.5 hp weed whacker mower and whacked away.

Still feeling good and I am wondering if an exercise I read about has something to do with it. A reputable Canadian University claims that you can "reset" your resting blood pressure by doing hand exercises: Squeeze a handspring for two minutes with the left hand then rest for two minutes. Repeat with the right hand. Do several repetitions. My cuff is never accurate- I don't even know where it is but I feel better.

Now there is a big push on about vitamin D-the sunshine vitamin. Several countries have mandated up to 2000 units a day because of its cancer fighting qualities. Clinical trials in Britain. They are wondering if the Mediterranean Diet has been given credit for the more extensive exposure to the sun from being in warmer climes. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Seems I remember battling my mother over regular doses of Cod Liver Oil. She won and so did I.

Cuz Donna sent a picture from San Francisco-she is visiting friends. Bon got a visit from a bald eagle in Everett. My Casper blogger friends are adding a sun porch, trying out luxury cars, getting a new stereo. Richard is enjoying his new job. Matt ditto. I like when the news of my family and friends is progressive.

A severe weather warning and we got a big blow through here-no discernible moisture. I collected the dogs and we napped through it.
Posted by Picasa