Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Little Herder Girl

Honey is probably wasted on me-she has the instincts of a herder and guard dog. Probably would be outstanding in her field (yuk) but that is not her lot in life and she is coming along just fine for being a great pet and part time working dog. These two pictures show her tending "her" flock.
Brother Rich called on his way to Denver to his daughter Alicia's graduation from her Master's Program. He called again. He wanted to know the address on Pearl Street where our family lived. Wrong branch. Mom's family lived on Pearl in Kemmerer. In Denver we were on Pennsylvania and York. I am proud of Alicia's accomplishments but with no place to stash the pups I was not up for the trek to Denver. Besides, I am up 4 to zip on graduations. I have never been a "counter" on my own behalf but my kids deserved better. Perhaps a card.

The novel I started yesterday was dangerous to my health. I quit it at 3:00 a.m. and the dogs were up at 7:30. I started the day thinking it would be a waste-I was pretty tired. I started "puttering" and really got quite a bit done-enough to justify my existence. And I finished the book. It was engrossing but hardly edifying. What I learned: There are some sick sumbitches out there in Minnesota fiction land.

Speaking of which, while I really was fond of David Carradine's acting and characters, is anybody else getting the giggles about an autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong: the curtain sash cord tied to neck, hands, and genitals (age 72!) in a closet in Bangkok, "Tieland" while working on a movie called Stretch? " Ah, Grasshopper, man with hole in pocket...."
Posted by Picasa