Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, June 08, 2009

Jet set Juneau

Juneau and Jason fly private. I had put in a couple of calls to the Florida kids. I knew Texas was on the agenda and Europe was on the agenda but the details were missing. Their friend David had a meeting in Las Vegas and put his private jet at their disposal so they had 12 days in White Deer, Amarillo, and Paris, Texas. They had lots of family visits and Lori and Jason helped Joy, Lori's mom, do some painting and redecorating. Loris dad's family had a reunion in Paris (Texas). Juneau is not crazy about flying so Jason had him on his lap most of the time. They brought three nieces and nephews and a neighbor girl home to Florida yesterday for a visit. The young ones will fly home "commercial" on Thursday. Jason has meetings in Orlando over the weekend and then they are off to Europe for three weeks on next Tuesday! The lives of the fabulous as told by Mr. Unfabulous. Hell, it is a big deal when we go to WalMart!

Buster went down the hill to do his business this morning, charged up the hill and more or less collapsed. He rested awhile. I fed and medicated him and he was pretty quiet most of the day save for a little running down to the corral. Bless his heart. He stays pretty close to dad these days. I pruned some bushes and puttered with the electronics. The aircard seems slow and I am in a fringe area for two towers-one in Lander, one in Riverton so I have been experimenting with antennas. I do now have digital television! Yay-six channels but two of them are the same. I haven't watched anything.

Thayne stopped by-they will be trucking some cattle out on Thursday. We visited and I got caught up on some of the doings around the valley.

Delores just called-we had been wondering how the cell phones would work on the train. Just fine apparently. They just left Fort Morgan about 10:15. I have the route on a pdf. I do like to follow along when my friends and family travel. When Jason and Lori went on their Alaska cruise I followed along on the website and as there was a webcam on the ship, I went too. I am hoping they will email pictures on the Europe trip but I think that is harder logistically than it sounds. Their first priority is to have a good time. Entertaining the O.F. is, and should be, down the list quite a ways.
Posted by Picasa