Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Fancy a Goose?

The wet pasture makes an inviting spot for the itinerant geese. They were grazing and doing what geese do. They seemed to arrive from the north and flew out south so maybe they are starting south-going to get the prime spots in Goosetown RV park. Clicken to embiggen these pictures.
There were hundreds in two discrete flocks. Below Honey was trying to get her "ducks in a row" being very subtle.
Boo! and they were off. Honey had a good time making them take off. I had a talk with her (waste of breath) telling her we LIKE the geese here and Charlene flaps her apron and makes them fly when the hunters come but otherwise they are welcome.
Posted by Picasa