Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Out of the Park!

A day early I moved out of the park and put the fair Elante' to bed for the summer. Happily she is going in better than she came out: a good coat of high quality wax, all external fabrics treated and waterproofed, Teflon on the tires and heat shields all around. I even found time to use carpet fresh and vacuum. I bid her a fond farewell.

I took Aleve and powered through the painful shoulders and have less pain today. Bid Greg and Lew goodbye. They are staying through the 20th to celebrate Passover with Lew's folks. Greg is anxious to go home to his gardens and projects.

Dave Welsh followed me to the storage yard where I left the van and then I delivered the Elante' and had my ride waiting for me-slick. Dave insisted on following through though Bonnie had been transferred to Delray Medical Center for a better Orthopedic Surgical team. Same deal with my son Matt- he went to Eugene and the Surgeon said he could call in a standby team or he could do it Tuesday with his regular team. So Matt got a better brace- he can put on underwear and use the toilet now and will go back to Eugene for surgery Tuesday. He will be in the hospital two days if all goes well. ( and it will, it will, it will.)

Jason spent an intense week in Orlando with company annual conference duties but beat me to Deerfield. We three went to Yucatan restaurant for supper and I (unwittingly) ordered an appetizer assortment for dinner and was completely happy with it.

The dock box we ordered came and was quite bulky. Not bulky enough. It was 18 inches shorter than advertised. Will not do as the size was the critical factor all along. Nut's! They were willing to refund, etc. but we would have really liked to have the box as advertised.

The kids were early to bed for a 5:30 a.m. trip to the airport. I got myself situated on the south patio where there were cool breezes and a new view but found myself dozing and asleep on the bed much earlier than I thought it would be. They crept out and are on their way to Arizona and Nevada. They will return late Tuesday and meanwhile there two dozy dogs and a dozy O.F. enjoying watching the parade of boats. Occasionally a lizard will encroach and the dogs get all official. Juneau chased a coon out of the yard last night. Or maybe, just maybe, it was the ghost of the possum....