Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, April 14, 2008

Boats, Buddies, and Birds and Beautiful Day

This had to be one of the most pleasant days in the year. Warm in the sunshine but kind of cool, breezy and fair. Realized early that the BP med was missed last night and took it, became dozy and napped on the patio. I might have been a little short on sleep because Buster asserted his claim on his dad so there were three mammals bumping butts on the bed last night-only one of which has to get up in the night. Then the war for the warm spot begins. Buster and Juneau are getting close- it has been good for Buster and encourages me that a pup will be a good thing for our family. Juneau under his rambunctiousness is a sweetie and a gentleman.

Buddies
This duck just came paddling by- doing what ducks do and not a bit disturbed by the boat traffic. Jason's boat gets about one mile per gallon idling along. There are much bigger boats, though his has twin 200 hundred horsepower engines, so seeing this little bird economically negotiating the waterway made me smile.

The news says there is flooding in the Natchez, Mississippi area-the southern end of the Natchez Trace Parkway. I called the park headquarters. They said I would have problems if I drove on I-10 near New Orleans but they think the Hattiesburg route will be fine. The Trace should be OK if I avoid the cities!? We will see.
Posted by Picasa