Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sunday Dinner with Sue and Rasty

Sue, bless her heart, must have cooked all day long: two exotic pies; one like a macaroon, one raisin pecan, homemade rolls, saffron rice with veggies and marinated lamb steaks. In their shady secret spot surrounded by flowers, dogs, birds, bunnies, and a few ants, we enjoyed a feast and good gabbing. Wyoming produced a fine warm windless day and if we didn't have a nice time, I don't know what one is. Pried a few stories of the good old days from Rasty. He is willing to tell them if he can access them.

The Volkswagen is now getting 100 miles per gallon. I started out for their house in it but it quit and I pushed it back home. It is blocking the main drive right now. I got a battery for the Ford Ranger and eventually got it installed and found a key. I think I can squeeze it past the Ford van and the VW and then hook the VW up to the tow ball and take it to town to the doctor. I am going to be installing battery tenders for all these vehicles. While I am in Florida the batteries discharge and eventually freeze. No I am not interested in selling them-you can see a fellow in this neck of the woods needs spares and purpose dedicated vehicles: economy, four wheel drive, turnpike cruising, going to the store, hauling the dogs, etc. I think the VW got a bad tummy from a full tank of gas and the fuel line is constipated. I hope that is what it is. I downloaded a VW manual from the Web and found a picture of what the fuel filter looks like but I can't find it. Got a nasty note from Starband about the size of the download. Unlimited use somehow morphed into limited. They may lose me- nothing about the three months I didn't use it at all. I do have options now, though my Florida friend Greg said he got warned by Verizon. Based on his further conversation about a future Filipino wife, I think he may have been downloading something a little racier than a VW manual, though. Bait and Switch wherever you look.

I stayed awake all day long- I am playing a temporary elimination game with meds to see if I can find a culprit.

Sue and Rasty have wonderful dogs-dog's dispositions and owner's dispositions tend to be mirrors. Big pictures of a great evening at the web album. All you have to do is click:

Labels: , , , ,