Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Roll 'em, Roll 'em, Roll em'...

Getting the rolling stock rolling has been the main focus. Towed the VW to Riverton Tire and Oil ("RTO," locally)behind the Ford Van. The old tow bar disintegrated in their driveway but the pack rat had another one Cuz Donna gave him. The VW is restored-fuel line and fuel filter replaced, oil changed, tow bar exchanged: $53.00 which is a bargain in my book. Runs fresh. I lost most of the tank of gas I had and I am glad to have all fresh gas. Buster got to go with today so he now speaking to me again. What a baby! I left him home twice this week and he was out the door this morning and was not about to come in until he got his ride.

Tomorrow is the Ford Ranger's turn for service. The Lindy motorhome is next. It was hot today- 91 degrees and they are tearing up the road to town. They are flat getting after it which can mean delays in getting to town. The Wyoming Highway Patrol is actually monitoring speed on the road which I think is a fine and new thing.

The sleep thing is just a sleep thing. Fell asleep in my chair last night and did not have to make a single pit-stop. Got chilly about 7 a.m. and went to the bed and spent some time there and felt fresh as a daisy all day long. It is called apnea and sleeping propped up helps and I can do that.

Perhaps the Corona's I had at Hall's helped. Delores is getting ready to go to West Virginia so I stopped to say "so long." She gets up there in the hills in her folks old house with her lifelong chums and they have an estrogen fueled renewal. She is feathering her nest for longer stays when she retires. Don and Greg will fly out for a visit around annual Ford family reunion time. I have met many of them and they are characters. My Florida friends Howard and Mary Lou live nearby. I know they are going to laugh. "Cousin Jayne" (another snowbird from Wingrove Hill) called Delores to celebrate only two blossoms on the apple tree. It is usually so prolific that they have a hard time figuring out what to do with them. Same thing I faced when I gardened: Liked the work, liked the picking, hated the waste-everybody has a garden so you just end up trading garbage. What ! Another Zucchini! Crap!!!