Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

MORE from Hawaii and Florida

Due to the time difference, Rich is zigging when I am zagging but finally we connected tonight. (After I had called him in the middle of the graduation ceremony) Caught him this time in the car on the way to a pu-pu dinner, the graduation party follows. The straight scoop on the "lost in the rain forest" saga was that Val's folks, Stan and RubyAlice, were the ones who rode the helicopter out. Richard rode in the Search and Rescue fire truck. To cap it, when getting out he stepped on the "whooper switch" on the fire engine setting off a startling blast. Aleve has them all able to move today. Rich's daughter Heather had called during this adventure to ask what he wanted for Christmas. He called her back and said a GPS! ym

Cuz Donna called this morning: 16 degrees in Denver and snowing. Palm Springs tomorrow. Brother Bob called this afternoon: 19 degrees in Iowa and Illinois. They are on their way to see the new Lincoln Museum/Library.

Lori and her friend Naomi from Chicago, got back from their cruise. We all met for lunch at Chili's-which has great food and was common to our destinations. Great to see Lori and Naomi and hear about their trip. Took a shopping romp through the 99 Cent store. Got some disposable cups and plastic table cloths before Jason gave me directions to K-Mart and we went our separate ways. I bought a curtain and rod to hang to cover my doorway as the neighbor's dining window looks right into my door window. Would hate to spoil their appetites.

Did a second complete wash of the coach this evening. This time with some wax in the water. This plan being completed, I can now spread the awning and set things up for real. Had followed Jason's advice this morning and washed the coils on the air conditioner. When I returned in the heat of the afternoon, the doggies were comfortably cool and so was I. Found K-Mart and home without turning on the Garmin GPS! Progress is being made.

Tomorrow is Monday- will undoubtedly meet the Fish's at the laundromat. Up and at 'em.