Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Buzzard has Landed!

Arrived at John Prince Campground about 3:30 Eastern time and am barely hooked up because I am not sure how I want to park-nose first or tail-first. But I had to get the air conditioner running to cool off the dogs. The engine air conditioner was barely cooling-haven't used it for months so we arrived hot and tired-a day early it turns out. The park has one entrance completely closed-park headquarters for Palm Beach County is gone whether due to Wilma or forward planning. But my planned entrance was completely blocked and the other entrance had signs saying the park was closed until further notice due to hurricane damage. I had sweat on my sweat at that point. I eased by a security guard and a Sheriff's officer and got to the check-in office and found a friendly face.

It is still pretty toasty in here- after getting my coach central air conditioning repaired last year I expected better performance. Hence the decision about nose in or nose out: where do I want the awning?

I am in a French-speaking neighborhood. Quebecois abound. Friendly enough, some dogs unleashed. (Buster did so well on his leash today. I am proud of him.)

Had a nice surprise when I checked in-Lisa Kesler had a Christmas present waiting here for me. Feels like a book but I am saving it for the day. (Unless I get desperate or weak)

Made contact with Jason and we will make Jeep arrangements tomorrow mid-day. He is sweet-the darn thing has been nothing but a pain for him. First it got towed because the registration wasn't current. Then the battery kept going south. He had it checked today and a second new battery put in and was driving away and discovered the glove box light was not shutting off. Perhaps that was the issue. Time will tell. Lori is cruising with some chums. Brother Rich is on his way to Hawaii with Valerie. Cuz Donna flies to Palm Springs for Christmas and golf on Monday.

The weather has been great-but I guess I brought ice storms to Georgia in my slipstream. Thought I was in for it this morning because I awoke to a few pitter pats of rain and looked out into a sea of gray...turned out a Ryder truck pulled in close to me last night and I just thought it was a fog bank. Never mind!