Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Lake Park Georgia, Milepost 2

Arrived here at about 3:30 p.m. Eastern Standard time. The weather was great, the traffic grueling. Had to stand on the brakes a few times. It is unavoidable in the "scrum" that passes for traffic flow on I-75. I am glad I came through (beltway) Atlanta, Georgia but I believe I will seek another way home. Imagine Denver rush hour for 100 miles.

All the driving has resulted in fat ankles and I slept in positions to help that condition but the resulting elimination of fluids went on all night and into the day. Three unscheduled stops and I had forgotten they dislike the concept of "blocks." down here. Getting turned around in some of these smaller burgs is a trick that involves looking for a red light and several miles of driving.

Goody assumed her driving position so readily I skipped her one/half diazepam this morning and regretted it. Those things really do help her. Buster rode on the "doghouse"/console for quite a few miles. He usually likes to see where we have been. Goody likes to see where we are going.

They both were a little on the hot side when we pulled in so the rear ceiling fan is pulling cool air into the coach as I write. Very comfortable. Down to 67 degrees now. They are zonked.

The people here at the Flying J are very friendly. Got to chatting with a black woman truck driver who was a stitch. My black beret broke the ice. Will probably ditch it tomorrow. I have needed it to keep my bereft head warm. I think that problem is going away. Will need something to keep the sun off. A brand new fire engine is parked next to me. I think I will go look at it. Still a sucker for fire engines after all these years. I am in exactly the same spot I parked in coming out of Florida Last April. Had doo-doo head neighbors then. Enough for now. Should be at John Prince Campground tomorrow. Thunderstorms predicted. Doggies are stirring; need dinner and a walk.