Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, April 09, 2010

Juno Beach with Juneau and Honey

The kids called and wanted to go to the dog beach in Juno Beach. Forty miles for them, but about twenty for me and they beat me because I went via A-1-A and got lost in West Palm to boot. The doggies are truly friends. They were glad to see each other and Juneau was a good teacher for the newbie girl. They had a blast, met some new friends got wet and tired.
Honey took a little rest and hydrated with dad. Her coat gets heavy temporarily and while she didn't actually swim, she got soaked. It was a perfect day, warm but cloudy and we got a rain-more like a mist.
We were going to find a dog-friendly sidewalk cafe but Juneau barfed in the Mercedes just about as quickly as they started the car. Too much saltwater because he did not seem the worse for it. The kids lost their appetites and passed on lunch but I got a sandwich at Toojay's and wandered down the coast at a leisurely pace. Honey was passed out tired in the back seat. We went through John D. MacArthur park and parts of Singer island and eventually home to where Buster was. He was without much pep this morning and it would have been too much for him. He was comfortably refrigerated in the coach. I took him for a ride this evening. He was happy to go. He got a treat. (they both did)

Nicole called last night with the Rene report. Not good news. Therese says he is down to "yes" and "no." Their children are gathering for support and Rene walked them all to the elevator. Then Therese realized he was lost so she took him back to his room. Not all the diagnostics are finished. Nicole will call again Saturday night or Sunday morning. Jeanne and Marc will leave Sunday. So I will call them. It sounds bad to me but I keep hoping. Times like these set you thinking. I want all of my friends to live forever but if that is not in the cards, passing quickly with little pain and a modicum of dignity is my second wish for them.

More dog beach pictures than you could possibly hope for are at the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/sroberts.wyoming/JunoBeachWithJuneauAndHoney#slideshow/5458271795684229282
Posted by Picasa