Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Frenzy

With decent weather and stays coming to an end there is a veritable frenzy to socialize outdoors. I went to the store this evening and got hailed for a screwdriver with the usual suspects. Rene tried to hurt me with the vodka and almost succeeded. Then it was home to a cocktail party at Moe and Robert's. Joyce, Gary, Mervi and Ken, and Moe and Robert and moi. Moe said last night that it was just going to be a cracker, a piece of cheese and a piece of sausage. I was surprised to see shrimp, several dips, egg salad sandwiches, salad, etc. We had a fire in their nifty fire pit and just enough alcohol to release the hilarity. Very nice. We had a great sunset. I introduced Moe and Joyce and a warm friendship has ensued.

I managed to keep the Tony therapy to a hour but it put me behind schedule. When I went to the store my pouch was running on empty and I saw a small ham at a good price. The doggies were very impressed. We'll eat on it for a day or two before it hits the soup pot. Big weekend planned which you will find out about in due course.
Posted by Picasa