Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life in the Slow Lane is OK with me.

Monday started rainy and blustery. I was content to hole up in the RV and read, surf the Internet, etc. Came a knock on the door. Tony! I told him I was busy-through the door. The rain let up and I ditched the dogs and went to Walmart for dog food and a few other items. Lori called while I was there. I called her back when I got to the car. We had a long chat while I sat in the parking lot. Enjoyable.

Tony must have been watching for me because I had no more than put away the groceries and here he comes. It wasn't too bad but I really feel stalked. Many of the people I like are packing up and heading toward home-many in no hurry, but Tony stays. Sheryl and Doug and Abbie, the dog, are bidding on a short sale condominium and putting their 5th wheel up for sale. I will miss them next year. Bonnie and Dave are in South Carolina at a beach island. Joyce and Gary and Moe and Robert will join them on their meander north. Yves and Andee have found a spot on Nettles Island for a month and for next season. (I think the romance with the Rosenbergs has lost its bloom). Patsy and Joe are back from Canada for a few days. Then they will head north. Ken stopped by today to discuss the activities agenda for next year ("If we are both here.") Ted Fish came down, and packed up to go to Atlanta where Kitty is sounding better, to hear her tell it, but Ted thinks she is done. I spent time entering email addresses for several friends in my databases. (I love my Droid phone-enter the data in Gmail and it appears magically on the phone.) Even with the communications miracles of today it is a little sad-making, all these farewells.

Today, I slept until 9:30 a.m. and felt wonderful when I awoke. It was a Tony-free day. Jean and Marc were restless and going out for a drive. I headed them toward Mount's Botanical Gardens which they enjoyed. We have a date to go to the zoo this weekend. I haven't been this year and they haven't been at all. I made a run to Harbor Freight. I want to make some improvements for next year's camp. I am told the rates are going up next year. I think they are dumb because at least 7 couples have opted for condo land because the prices are somewhat competitive and there is no anxiety about getting in to something you own. As much as I enjoy this park, I have been exploring.