Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Zooey!

Six of we seven had never been to the Palm Beach Zoo. They had the sad old picture of rows of cages and pacing animals in their head. The seventh person pushed them into it and they had a ball. We had discounts of one sort or another and we had camera batteries expiring right and left. We had a pretty decent day for it and spent the day.

This after a pretty full Saturday on which I delivered the dogs to the kids and met Latours at Butterfly World for a concert of the Acappella singers. I am a "groupie" for the basso-profundo who unfortunately was not there-gall bladder surgery. That was somewhat disappointing but the concert was great. The Korean coloratura soprano brought tears to my eyes-for the right reasons. We repaired to the Butterfly House for awhile afterwards and, since it is spring, we were rewarded with the greatest profusion of butterflies to date. I got a good shot of the Giant Hummingbird and some other good pictures. Home by 4:00.

Butterfly World Concert Florida life
Posted by Picasa