Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Sunday

Easter Sunday was spent with the kids and it was "just the right size." Just us chickens-three doggies, three hooman bings. Jason cooked traditional ham, mashed garlic spuds, carrots and the Fresh Market provided a peach praline pie. Lori did cocktail snacks. Jason had made a lot of deviled eggs for Easter. As much as I enjoy the older folks at the Park, the conversation tends toward personal history. It was so refreshing to converse with the kids about ideas-what they are reading, watching, and doing. It was a tonic. Post dining, everybody had a nap. Jason to chase away a headache, Lori because she likes to, and me because because my "off switch" is in my butt. The dogs are prone to this behavior and they played hard before and after nap time.
Juneau has been spoken to a lot and consequently his receptive vocabulary is remarkable. Not only does he know what a toy is, he knows which ones are which. And he understands a lot of commands. Not that he always does them- but he knows them.

I took a fair number of photos. It is spring and things are blooming and growing. It was a lovely day. They packed me up a lot of leftovers and a chocolate bunny. I jumped on the A-1-A coastal highway at Boynton and came home with a colorful sunset on my left, the Atlantic ocean on my right. I stopped at Lake Worth Beach to try to snap the fading sunset and a heavyset lesbian, one of a pair, offered to take my picture with my camera with the sunset as a backdrop. I declined saying that would make an ugly picture. She countered by saying "We are all beautiful." I said my soul doesn't show in photographs. It was an uplifting exchange. Nice day.

Therese called yesterday morning. She expects to be in Montreal this morning (Monday). The woman is making tracks. We couldn't talk long. She was calling while Rene was in the restroom. Mme. Latour was Skype messaging me last night trying to work herself into a lather about Rene and Therese. I told her Therese was strong and very smart. I was not worried (though I am a bit). Spare me the drama. Drama is so often a way to make what is not about you, about you. Guess who came to dinner via Verizon Wireless? Tony! Dang, the guy is like a booger that you can't get rid of.

Easter Sunday 2010


Posted by Picasa