Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Asphalt Angels

It was mostly a quiet but productive day here. Guy's wife came by to tell me that Guy left me some spaghetti in my outdoor fridge last night. It tasted like my own. That was the second treat they had left and as Jeanne and Marc are leaving tomorrow also, I whipped over to Hoffman's Chocolate for some parting gifts. They had some of their famous chocolate covered strawberries on the counter for the taking and the lady gave me two of them- a very nice surprise.
The Asphalt Angels are a restored/custom car club that lends their cars as a draw for good works. Today it was a blood draw and Animal Shelter. I looky-looed right over there. It was more pleasant than I anticipated because they had a DJ with songs of the eras associated with the cars. Cars are so American and so associated with our life and times it was a trip down memory lane. Whether it was seeing them in magazines or actually knowing someone who had one...it was fun to look, admire, and remember.
Asphalt Angels Car Show

Click the link above for the car show.

Greg called. They have upgraded their home in the same park-for the same money but lots more space and newer. They are going to become 10 month residents of Florida and use their place on the St. Lawrence seaway for a summer camp. He follows the blog and entirely coincidentally had started sleeping on a pillow, on his stomach, a couple of weeks ago. He, however, is rail thin. The quality of his dreams has changed too. Maybe he has a different relationship with his pillow than I do with mine?

Hopeful news from Montreal: Rene has a growth but it is close to the top of the brain-about 1/4 inch from the surface. He will undergo a biopsy but at this point they do not feel that it is malignant. More will be known later this week-Biopsy is Tuesday. He is talking more with the aid of some meds. He will get to come home for 10 days on Thursday depending on the biopsy. Maybe I am just a suspicious person but the actions and the pre-diagnosis don't seem entirely consistent to me. Surely they would not be sadistic enough to get hopes up to dash them. We have hope in our hearts.

Buster had a better day today. Ate, peed, pooped, and took a little interest in things. Honey was mellow after her big day at the seashore.

Posted by Picasa