Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Motorcycle Racing and the ...Part 2

Adam dropped in. He was a lost skateboarder in high school. He reminded me he did community service at the court's direction at the Homeless Shelter I founded and ran until I could hand it off. He is now in charge of Promotions for Red Bull. Massive budgets-millions to provide Red Bull themed/sponsored events in 13 states from Texas to Montana. He was home for the Labor Day weekend. Great wife, great job... they do grow up.
Kinsey and Greg were getting ready to go to Worland, WY so Greg could race his dirt bike. Kinsey makes fab money at Radio Shack in the cell phone department. Drives a Hummer H3. Greg is a welder in Casper, motorcycle racer, father of Delores' 8th grader granddaughter. Don went too. He likes to get out of town and watch his kid race.
Dessie is 88- a grand lady and matriarch of a successful, self-made family. Her son Nick asked her what she wanted for her 88th. She said she would like the big company plane to fly Delores, Dessie, Ruby, Pam, Bess and Lorraine to Branson, MO for a few days of spa, music, dining and drinking. He said, "You've got it-give me dates." Sometime in October.
Our dear friend Ruby- a widow for exactly one year. She manages the local PBS station, is on the Board of Trustees of the University of Wyoming and has recently been elected to the National PBS Board. Four gorgeous kids all doing well.

I forgot to take pictures of James and his robotic prostate surgery scars. Next time, maybe.

I love these people. The gods smiled on me the day I hired Delores to be my secretary 29 years ago.
Posted by Picasa