Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

God's Country


It is such a privilege to be able to step out my front door and see the Wind River Mountains, and be in them in 20 minutes if I choose. I am on a life-long quest to do them justice with a camera. I keep trying but not getting there. The present problem to overcome is the proliferation of powerlines, fences and buildings. Nature photography is supposed to eschew all the man-made artifacts-nearly impossible any more. After a business trip to town, I was trying to miss some of the construction and remembered a dirt road. Buster was enjoying his ride so I said "Let's explore." I found a place I first discovered about 25 years ago in my VW bus. The Dodge Van was equal to it though. Next time I will go earlier or later because the Wyoming Sun was "blowing the highlights," on the viewfinders. I was essentially shooting blind. The album includes some funny ones. Watching carefully for rattlesnakes, I poked around, and caught a few good pictures. This is a great vantage point and I will use it again and bring more equipment.

Took a moveable feast from KFC up to Rasty and Sue's last evening after clearing it with them earlier in the day. Since retiring to look after Rasty, Sue is working with both hands. She has painted fence caught her lawn up, planted a big garden, is cleaning the basement, etc. I try to take enough so she can coast on the cooking for a little while. I enjoyed the visit but it is hard to get away from there without more than I brought. I held firm and escaped with some fresh peanut-butter cookies. Yum, huh Buster?

Today is Lindy Motorhome day- fixing up continues apace. The venerable Lindy is only a 24 foot Class C, but it is still a dandy. (The computer I put in there boasts Windows 95!) Very comfortable-we have been from sea to shining sea, Goody and me. Buster is interested.
Click the pic to go to the album.
Posted by Picasa
God's Country

Labels: , ,