Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Six Inches of Snow on this day at Home

Sights like these will recede after Sunday the 26th and I will wend my way slowly home-giving ample time for the highways to dry. Breaking camp is occupying time these days. Quite a lot to do. Took the bike for its 30 day tuneup ( included in purchase) and made a run to Wal-Mart for a few items to help organize the Van. I am using Andre and Annie concepts to collect the items for most eventualities. Trying to make a bit of a camper out of the van. Found a wonderful K-Mart up on Okeechobee Boulevard yesterday and added to my collection of plastic "milk crates." As they are lightweight and stack securely each is dedicated to a facet of life: kitchen, camping, personal care (which crate does toilet paper belong in-camping or personal care?), office, and more office, shoes, clothes, ( I know shoes are clothes but realistically size 14 shoes do take up space), adapters and electronics, computer stuff, etc. (There will be a couple of etcetera crates I am sure.)

Also packing up and stowing stuff in the "basement" drawers on the RV consumes time. One does tend to accumulate and I am not the only one-saw a good Weber gas grill in the dumpster today. Have a nicer one of my own so I did not play "go-fish." Lucked into a sheet sale at K-Mart- $3.99 and bought several for sunshades and dust covers. Spent last night measuring and cutting. Those pleated shades that come standard in RV's will eventually become like sheets if left down too long. So they will store in the up position and sheets will block the sun. Clothespins or push-pins will secure them. The dumpster will soon collect the remnants of the refrigerator contents and that will get a good scrub and airing before storage. The cooler in the van will be plugged into the AC for a few days starting tomorrow. You get the picture I am sure. Busy days. Posted by Picasa