Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Le Chat Tour

This jolly French-Canadian lady takes her enormous and much-loved cat for a ride around the circle every evening. Her husband usually walks a few steps behind. "He is our child." She is aware it is an unusual sight and seems to enjoy chatting and posing for pictures.

Yes, I am riding my bike every day. I really enjoy it.

The "season" is over. The clique of French Canadians moved north-all the way to Orlando. Not far enough to suit me. The "mix" in the park has become more diverse, the coaches, campers and vans less upscale. Much more interesting. I'll be moving on soon too. Busy days. Took the new Van in for some front end work: toe-in was a little off. Had it aligned. Midas would not sell me tires-said these were fine. As the point of the exercise was "peace of mind," I am satisfied. I am enjoying "tricking the van out" and trying to envision where everything will go when I downsize the office and try to incorporate Andre and Annie concepts to make it a viable camp-mobile as well. Posted by Picasa