Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Seven plus miles on a bike

Took this picture through the basket on my bike, It is of the shopping center I patronize in Lake Worth. Proof that I pedaled at least seven miles on the Raleigh today. I was proud of myself and even prouder I didn't nip in for a candy bar or some other self-defeating treat. The kid on the bike whose tire you can see and his friend stopped, blocking the sidewalk. They had been riding and sharing a doobie which hit the ground when they passed it. They were wrecks from the weed and laughing and hunting frantically. I had to laugh too and passed them by. KIDS nowadays! The war on drugs has been going on since I was taken behind the auditorium curtains in 7th grade in Steamboat Springs and shown "Reefer Madness" with my classmates. Forty eight years of steady progress! Posted by Picasa