Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Played All Day

March begins and I am suddenly more aware that the clock is ticking away to the 26th and having to vacate John Prince Park. Next Wednesday is a potluck commemorating the "end of the season." So the list of things on the "wish list" got moved up to the "better do soon list." Rode the bike in the morning, went to the beach and took pictures-always the best way to sharpen the old eyes as to what is really going on. Had lunch at the beach-sitting on a park bench overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Wonderful Fish and Chips. Stopped at my little shopping center to use the cash machine and buy a rotisserie chicken. The doggies don't seem to get tired of that and a chicken sandwich works for me too. Came home and put the feet up for awhile, then rode the bike around the park and took more pictures, then did it again at dusk. Beautiful day today.

Called the Riverton office because Denise was sick Monday as noted on yesterday's day sheet which I receive by email. The flu is rampant- the Riverton Hospital was calling the Lander hospital to see if they had beds and they didn't. Denise is better. Her kids go to school at Lincoln School which is at epidemic level. My Florida babies came down with the bronchial kind - I quickly searched the Internet to find out what the incubation period of viruses is to see if I needed to feel guilty for sharing my bug. I don't. We will see if I can guilt trip them in a few days but I feel fine today.

Emailed back and forth a bit with friends.

Grammy Eve is having the Oregon kids over Audrey's First Birthday Dinner- she baked a pie. Wish I could give her a hug and a kiss but that will have to wait until Grampy gets to Oregon. A package did arrive.