Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, February 17, 2006

First the Crap, then the Fireworks

Off to Okeechobee bright and early to check out an RV storage site and got 300 feet when the Jeep decided it didn't want to go. The rest of the day was spent waiting for a tow. I have insurance for that and the first tow truck didn't show and the second one almost didn't show- I had to talk him in. Did take in a wildlife talk at the Gazebo. It was so-so but I appreciate the effort. At 4:15 p.m. I waved goodbye to the Jeep. It is hopefully at Harvey's Trail Brake and Auto and Harvey hopefully works on Saturdays (not an Orthodox Stein). Until Monday without wheels will be a bit of a stretch. I did ride the bike a lot today-waiting to guide in the phantom tow trucks. Getting better and stronger at biking- enjoying it more and more all the time. Could probably make it to the shopping center at Lake Worth if necessary.

A spontaneous fireworks display in the park tonight. Tried the Canon S2iS in "fireworks mode" and was pleased with results. Interesting pictures.

It was a beautiful day today. A breeze brought the smell of the ocean in the morning and the rest of the day was perfect. Posted by Picasa