Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Umm I forget...

From 2300 miles away comes the news that I am afflicted with Alzheimers! They say you are the last to know but I do seem to be able to keep the bills paid for two businesses and otherwise maintain. One hardly knows how to respond to this meanness except by being mean back. So I will just in this open way remind some folks that I have sufficient memory to remember where the bodies are buried. All that is needed is the boiling point and I am bubbling at 210 degrees Fahrenheit. Where will it spill?

On a happier note: The bike saga turned out to have a happy ending. Seems one has to get a little tough to just get what is fair and just. It ended cordially. I have an extra large Raleigh Venture- 7 gears, and accessories -charcoal gray. Have logged about 4 miles today-not all at once. Very enjoyable and the exercise is salutary. Have seen parts of the park that are new to me. My goal is to be able to do the 8 mile course around Lake Osborne in one trip. Meanwhile I am enjoying the nooks and crannies as I build up. I have new respect for the even more seniors who are out there pedalling every day. There are some slopes and I have the added burden of hauling me up them. So this is fun and healthy.

The refrigerator is cooling about where it ought to be at an even lower setting than before. I still think it is coming to the end of its life expectancy but not just yet. So I got good advice from the Coastal RV guy. I will have to chase him down to pay him something - I like to keep even with folks. I am not one who gloats when I give someone the short end of the stick. It makes me feel cheap.

The pitbull has disappeared from the scene. He was coming right along. He would take food from my hand and was not food aggressive. He played appropriately with my dogs. He let me pet him once but then got spooky the next day. Then he quit coming around. I haven't asked any questions because I am not sure I want to know the answers.

We are having record cool. Forty degrees at night is not cold but it is nice to have the heater on a little. As we also had a power outage of several hours duration today it worked out fine. We did not bake.

Interesting conversations with various neighbors. They will have to keep for another time.