Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Time Goes at a Gallop Where the Tropics begin

One reason I Blog is so I can remember- a diary of sorts. But you have to remember to Blog. In no particular order:
  • Blew up the airbed outdoors and spent time on it brushing dogs and sleeping in the sunshine-a dogpile.
  • Tended plants and yard. The flowers are doing great-deadheading the petunias keeps the waist functional.
  • Am attempting to tame a stray pitbull with the blessings of the park management. He is a very dignified, wary, and seemingly sweet, smart boy. I put a dish of food out for him and he steals the whole dish. I go to where he passes under the fence and there it is. I want this to have a good ending. I will not adopt him. Goody deserves to get off the planet knowing she is number one and Buster deserves his turn in that spot.
  • This hacking cough seems to have passed the germy place but seems to be allergy triggered. Was fine most of yesterday then walked out of a restuarant into the night air and wham! the waterworks, sneezing and coughing started right up. Patent medicines are getting tryouts.
  • Labored in behalf of our businesses and the governments of the U.S. and Wyoming in completing the quarterly reports. Most of Friday at this.
  • Was rewarded with a delightful dinner at Carrabba's Italian restaurant last night- a treat from Lori and Jason. Lori found a delicious wine and was in high spirits-very amusing. She is a pistol. They are still working away at getting their house finished. They had a cocktail party/private showing of the King Tut exhibit Thursday evening. Very interesting to hear about.
  • Have so enjoyed my neighbors. Sadly they must leave today although I went to beg the management for a little more time for them. January is just booked. I am glad that Real and Diane are on the planet. Good people. We have exchanged email addresses. I gave a business card to a previous neighbor and then kicked myself. "Why don't you just take out an ad that your house is unattended," I asked myself. Made traveling business cards with email address and cell phone numbers only. We exchanged little gifts...Diane found me some table cloth clips, I made them CD's with some of my iPod music.
  • Windy but warm. The awning is up. I am getting better with it but it is still no picnic.