Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Catch of the Day

Red Snapper cooked the Cuban way. About the best I have ever eaten. Jason, Lori, and I went scouting for a restaurant and took a chance on a Cuban restaurant on Military Trail- just below Gun Club Road. Did we ever luck out. Excellent food. We happened to be exploring because they generously offered to haul me to Hertz Rent-a-Car by the airport to pick up a car. I drove a 2006 Lincoln Town Car (thanks to an upgrade Jason gave me) to Summerfield, Florida-about 4 hours north. I had seen a Roadtrek Van on eBay and thought I wanted it. Not as advertised. Did put the sunroof back on the Lincoln and saw some country I had not seen before. The final 1000 yards was on a dirt road and I can tell you Florida does have hillbillies. Nice as pie hillbillies and I felt a little badly as it looked like they were selling off their final asset-an inheritance, and I was not buying. But my attitude would have changed by the time I made the van safe enough to set out across the country. I am pretty sure I don't want to herd the coach across the country: storage is reasonable, beats the cost of gasoline one way, and the traffic on I-75 which is better than I-95, confirmed that this is what I want to do. All is contingent on finding a more nimble, smaller vehicle, that is still big enough to haul the things that make life worthwhile for me. Back to eBay! Posted by Picasa