Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Mini-me RV

The "new" Van. This van was meticulously maintained by a retired man who was in the automotive business (rebuilt generators, etc.) who is a sailboat sea captain from Indiana! They retired and fulfilled their dream of living on an island and sailing to the Bahamas. His wife is a sea captain too. The point is George maintained his own sailboat. This van was maintained to the same standard. We sat by their pool in Naples and cut a deal.

My maiden voyage with this vehicle was mostly in the dark driving across the Everglades. It drove like a dream. The traffic was heavy and erratic Sunday night but this vehicle feels right to me-very manageable although it is large- nearly 7 feet high and substantial. I am not going to be bragging about gas mileage but it was not too bad. We will keep the fingers crossed because it does have some age on it but it seems fine. Posted by Picasa