Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Lunch with Lori in an Antique Shop

Grammee's is a great place for home-cooked meals. You don't know if the table you are eating from is going to be sold and snatched away at any minute but the food was excellent. The lady who served us cooked most of our meal. I inquired about Roberts Potatoes that were on the menu-wondering if the family had the equivalent to "Potatoes O'Brien." The waitress/cook brought Robert to meet us. A misunderstanding prompted by a missing apostrophe on the menu it seems. They were very good potatoes. It was so very nice to have my daughter to myself and have a good chat. We then met up with Jason and drove to Hollywood (Florida) to look at a Van I had made a bid for on eBay. It looked great but was a little pricey so the kids offered to drive me to Naples, Florida on the west coast to look at another one on Sunday. Saturday was a nice outing. Good day. Posted by Picasa