Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Trotting along

All of a sudden October is upon us and I have a commitment to myself to go to Oregon. As always I plod along until I have a "Good Grief," moment. That was last night. Then the "what-if's" set in: "What if it freezes? etc., so I made lists and got after it. I got my flu shot and lifetime pneumonia shot. Got meds for the dogs. Got new split bolts for the powerline that feeds the Lindy RV, got RV antifreeze, and spent the afternoon using the stuff I bought this morning. Some flying ants attacked me while I was up on the ladder. Doggies went with this morning and miss Honey was a delight from early on when she crawled on the bed for a snuggle. She is drooping tonight-this afternoon they both got into some cockle burs. They pull right off Buster but Honey's long hair creates an issue. She may have some on her hiney. She is good about letting me work on her so in the morning we will check and get the scissors.

Susie, Janet's mom called and is going to have a birthday party for Janet on the 13th. I don't know if I will be back and told her so, so they are holding plans. I still don't know but I am going to try for then or the 14th. Friend Delores had a party at the office-she sent a video. We are both messed up on exact dates for each other's birthdays. Shopping for her was on my mind today but I put it off because my vaccinations were making me feel a little strange. ( No, reality wasn't finally setting in... why do you always have to be so sarcastic?)

I used up the last of Janet's homegrown veggies tonight: stuffed green pepper, home-grown corn and tomato. Very satisfying meal. Homegrown is a real treat. (See, the stuffed green pepper I was offered the other night got my mouth set on a taste.)

I worked on my websites last night. I got the old starband website (WCHR) migrated to Google. Worked on the JPP websites and blogs. As with everything, the devil is in the details but I am getting them the way I want them and they will be easier to maintain.