Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Webbing

I worked intensely on the Web today, creating a website for John Prince Park Campers. There is a strong likelihood that the park will have WiFi web connectivity this year. I am a bit skeptical of the effectiveness of the setup as described but I thought a web page for the campers might be a good thing. Besides, it may actually generate some Google cash for me. Wouldn't that be amazing?

We did stir our stumps and go to town. Honey was a little reluctant but I feigned crying and she ponied right up. Had good treats and no long stays so I hope this was a plus. Buster is always ready to go.

Jason sent a long email from the airplane he was traveling on from Texas to Florida. He and Lori went to the wedding of her nephew Blake and his bride Kalen. It turned out to be a big wedding and Lori was delighted to see practically everybody on her family and friend list. They were really up from doing that. But he was really pumped-his offer was accepted on a new business. He and Lori will be owning a Charter Boat business in Naples, FL. The opposite coast but about the same distance as from my house to Casper. Lori is going to decamp to Naples for awhile-there is a lot to do in a short period of time. He is going to stay with Campus Management so this will be in addition to. They are going to be so busy I may just have to drive over there to see them this winter (tough duty). This is the link for the present business:

http://www.tincityboats.com/

Looks pretty exciting to me too.