Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hafta Day

I spent the day, not grudgingly because I enjoyed accomplishing things, doing some of the have- to-do's. I did some maintenance on the storage/trailer house. Pruned a few branches, cleaned up a few messes. I gathered the necessary stuff to go to the Courthouse in Lander and licensed the fleet. I bought a Tony's BBQ chicken pizza and ate a slice, taking the long way home-I have to keep an eye on the neighborhood. A few improvements out there but not many. We are starting to get some fall color- I will go for pictures soon. If it is changing here, the mountains are already in progress. When I got home, I was foggy in the head and moving slowly. I broke out the glucometer and had a nasty surprise. I suspected I was low. I was way high. I can't really say a total surprise because I have been wondering. My vision has been variable, the naps, though much fewer, still occur, and a few other things have been warnings but I have been taking my Metformin and not worrying too much. Also, I note from the Blog, I am missing a lot of typos. I find some later and wonder how I didn't see them. Back to multiple stabs and testing/charting before I go see the Doctor.

After his morning romp, which was a little later due to the rains last night, Buster has been reluctant to go out. He might be hearing thunder but he bears watching. Maybe Honey is getting too overbearing. She starts up with me sometimes. We had a leash session today and she does pretty well. They seemed happy when I went to fetch them this morning for brunch.