Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

New Grandpuppy

Eve was kind enough to send snaps of our new Grandpuppy, Dmitri. I think the bonding is coming along beautifully.

I arrived early for my appointment to have the Dodge Van air conditioning re-re-fixed. I strolled downtown, had breakfast, and came back 1 .5 hours later and it was still sitting. I am starting to feel like they are playing with my head. I'll try again tomorrow. After that, I lawyer up.

I took the Kindle to breakfast at the Trailhead and was reading the Annie Proulx Wyoming stories. It was a surreal experience. I could raise my eyes and see about a half dozen people who could populate her stories. Even more noteworthy, I didn't get any syrup on the Kindle. Ain't I a big boy?

I worked on the "camp chair." I used a hobby fixative and safety pins to put a shiny space blanket on a plush throw- those cheap ones they sell in truck stops and Wal-Mart. Folded in half and used as a mattress pad to stop the air from getting through the mesh on the chair, it gives the sensation of being an electric blanket- heat builds. Pretty cool, er warm. Caused a little doze on this cool fall day.
Posted by Picasa