Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Peachy Keen Day

I received a nice email note from Janet this morning and I got nervy and asked her pick us both up some of those peaches from Mr. D's on her way home from work. Bless her heart, she got 'er done and that sent me up the road to their house where we gabbed and watched Guy hook his baler up to the John Deere. We discussed the bailout a bit. His agricultural view of economics is very interesting to me. Globalization is sticking it to farmers/ranchers just like it is sending good paying jobs to places where labor is cheap. I'm sure right smack dab in the middle of Wyoming is not the only place in the country where the words "700 billion, crooks, assholes, richly deserved, greedy bastards," and "it is going to get worse," were uttered today. Gave them a copy of Babette's Feast to have and to watch.

Hollis came back from work and the better I get to know that dude, the more I see to like. He is so good with animals. His old dog, Tubby, is the same type of dog as Buster only the blue heeler variety instead of the red. Hollis is so sweet with the old, nearly blind, nearly deaf, boy and he put him through the paces with his little tricks and the dog was eating it up. Another hound that was totally unformed is now so responsive to commands you almost think he is human. Some people have the gift with animals. Hollis is one of those. Since I always show up with treats, the dogs like to see me visit too. Little Lily is my buddy. She stands like a meerkat and grins at me.

Gave me hope for Honey. I blew $15 on "ask an expert" website about Honey not coming when called. I got some things to try and she seems to be responding. It is the "nothing is free" program in which the dog gets nothing without doing a compliant thing or a trick. Honey was having a great time. Lots of treats and one on one. We will see.

The powers that be at John Prince Park-clear to the head shed, really like the John Prince Campers website and said go forth. So I am going forth. That was reinforcing-pleasing. I got one of the linked blogs going and Adsense is operational on it.

I was really hungry for homemade spaghetti so I had that going when Janet asked me to stay for stuffed green peppers. I was sorely tempted because I love them but I am weird-once I have my "mouth set on a taste" that is what is going to happen.