Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Oregon to Wyoming

I stopped to take pictures of the foggy lake near Klamath Falls and a lesbian Oregon Forestry lady said there was a pileated woodpecker in this tree. Can you find it? I shouldn't say she was a lesbian (not that there is anything wrong with that) - I didn't ask and she was very nice but if she is not a lesbian, she is missing a helluva good chance: she would make a terrific lesbian.
I tried several artsy-fartsy shots of the lake and none of them please me but it was a wonderful thing to see. There were many scenes like that on the road-vistas so vast and beautiful but camera work does not do them justice. I like the drive even though it is challenging.
The wild burros were not fazed by my curiosity. They were curious right back. I did not linger long. Honey was having a fit and Buster was right beside her.
Red Canyon on South Pass was recovering from the snowstorms. Lots of snow in my yard down here. We arrived at dusk after a 4:00 a.m. departure from Winnemucca this morning. We did not speed or even go the speed limit but we attended to business and made pretty good time. The doggies were sooo glad to see home. There was no dusk discernible damage from the storm. The trip was really good for Honey-she became more of a family member instead of a guard dog. She was getting a little bored near Rock Springs and chewed a plastic coat hanger but, all in all, she was an excellent traveler-even peed this morning in Winnemucca. There is hope! Buster is a good role model for her. Especially in the peeing department.
Posted by Picasa