Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Go, Stop, Go

Things have come together for lift-off. I wanted to get the trash hauled before I left. I called Thomas and his cell phone was disconnected. So I called his mom, Paula, her cell phone was disconnected, so I called Thayne, her husband. Landline answered. Paula had told me there was trouble in paradise. Thayne told me she was gone. As the cell phone bill runs $400 plus, he pulled the plug on that. Thayne and I talked for quite awhile. He is disappointed but seems to be holding up and the stress is less. I wish them all well. I also wish Thomas would haul my trash.

In the course of conversation I told Thayne I was heading to Oregon and he said it is supposed to be stormy-snow on the passes, etc. So I checked it out on the web and trust the farmer to know what the weather is going to do- he is right. Weather .com has a wonderful feature where you can check the highways/towns along major roads for up to 10 days ahead. Monday is going to give me cool but sunshiny days the whole trip. As my departure was kind of arbitrary, Monday it is. Too old and too much time to travel under fret .

Hauled the hounds to town and we took a break in the park. Honey was great. Buster got a new harness. Honey got a new super leash-extendable and it works and she doesn't hate it. I got most of the burrs off them.

I blogged on my other blogs today-they are mostly informational. I will do a little each day with material I have. This is entry 700 on this blog.

Memory Hook: The Congress passed the $700 billion bailout of Wall Street and added another 100 +billion and gave tax cuts???!!!. 159,000 jobs were lost last month. Then the officials and economists started dropping the hints this will not do much about the recession. Warren Buffett says recovery could take at least six months and possible two years. Hang on to your hats kids, the ride is going to be bumpy.

In related news a 90 year old woman in Akron, Ohio shot herself twice as officials tried to evict her. She is in critical condition in the hospital. Freddie Mac promptly wrote off the mortgage-said she could have the house she lived in since 1970. Now, if she only lives.