Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Morning-early

We are waiting until we can decently call on chez Matt Roberts. Honey won't tinkle on a leash so we will go over there and do that, let Dmitri and Honey ROUGHhouse for awhile, go to breakfast and after that I have declared a hiatus-they need some time to decompress and I decided to stay until Wednesday morning. The traveling weather should be sunny and the snow should be melting at home. Pretty impressive snow pictures coming from there.

We are doing Grampy things. I spent two beautiful days with my boy- just hanging- going to the hardware, sports stores, etc. He is a good man. His business confiscates weapons at concerts etc. I went through one box of knives and picked a few. The reserve collection has some murderous items in it. Makes you worry a little about being in public. Lots of scared puppies out there judging from their hardware.
We managed to do the Petting Zoo and the Pumpkin Patch yesterday. Matt had a security job at at a Quincereana (sp) last night. He is getting more and more of those. Hispanic people "present their daughters" at age 15. This one was at the armory-price tag $40,000. L.A. visitors expected. Strong security presence. Meanwhile, Eve made chili, I made cornbread, and we all had a relaxing evening at Eve's. Audrey was pretty good considering how tired she was.
The petting zoo- has a "cornbox" instead of a sand box. Audrey remembered it and she and others certainly enjoyed it.
Busy days, Grampy has had no problem falling asleep-just staying asleep.
Posted by Picasa