Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Mostly Resting

I tried to go to bed hours ago but Honey in her new folksiness, snuggled and rolled and pawed and wiggled, then got hot and jumped down to lay waste to anything in sight with her razor teeth. She knows how to earn a trip outside. Now she is curled up by me sleeping soundly. And I, though so tired earlier that I thought I might be out on my feet, am typing on my stupid Blog.

We went to the store about 3:30 p.m. The snow is melting but cold weather seems to increase the grocery bill. Years of habit in preparing for not going to town for a few days is triggered by snow and cold. Saw some folks -one nice and one nice and insincere. (As my neighbor characterized her: "She smiles even as she is undoing her belt to crap on you." .. .and lest you think that indelicate, I did clean it up already.)

The New York Times had an article on the Northern Arapaho language program. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/10/15/us/20081015-arapaho/index.html

I'm going to be nice and comment-not. It is interesting. It has some pictures of Mark Soldier-Wolf whom I knew first as Mark Dewey. His blind father - a true elder, schooled me on Arapaho history and traditions.

Rich has not received clearance from his Cardiologist on his hip surgery. They have detected some anomaly- I suspect an unmet insurance policy limit, but we will see what we will see. Now I am starting to worry. He can always get a Rascal Scooter to get around but he is irreplaceable.