Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Around the Valley

House opening exercises: the furnace is working and needed at night-it is 34 degrees out right now, the well was sterilized and some water pumped to make sure the Clorox got to as many places as possible. Buster was on a tear and is in dutch tonight for not coming when called. The Feglers are doing something with the cattle and animal by-products are his favorite thing and my least favorite thing.

Was a slow moving unit because of the wheezes and sore muscles but went up the road to see Sue and her pups. She has a fine crop of pups and has opened her yard to all of her critters. So we watched the sheep, and the llamas, and the dogs who are all very tame and contented. Sue is a gentle soul and they know it. Had fresh brewed coffee and cake she had made for Rasty's birthday. She had taken that and some toys into the home but he did not register much today. He is 81 today. Sue has lost weight and looked more relaxed than I can ever recall. She is eating when hungry, not on Rasty's schedules and sleeping as she pleases (as much as sheep and critters allow) and working on her beading. I heard about her great trip. I went on and on-I must have needed to talk to somebody who knows me because I sat in that kitchen and yakked. Listening is a great gift. Her waterline broke and we messed with that. She has a digger on the line.

Matt called and sounded better for having talked to the doc. No weight on the knee for four weeks as 7 screws and donor bone fuse. He is bored already- Offered to come soon to tapdance for him -he is going to check with the wife unit about that.

Saw Paula and her kids sitting in their yard on my way home. Stopped for a minute and stayed for nearly an hour. Got caught up on valley doings over the winter. The woman has her head on straight.