Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Whatever Floats Your Boat

Jason and his brother in law, Chad, in J's boat. Four hundred+ horsepower and a 200 hundred gallon gas tank (Yikes!). He bought wisely and it is comparable to Matt's Harley. My kids have nice toys. One difference is I will probably enjoy riding in the boat. My motorcycle days are long over, though I enjoyed them at the time. Sitting under the awning and having the wind blow through where my hair used to be, seems like a pleasant prospect for this winter and more my speed.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a touch of something: sore throat, swollen glands, and sleepiness, has been interspersed with playing of my own. While the trip to town has deteriorated from inconvenient to unpleasant with the construction, UPS still arrives. Two new NLP books, and the last Harry Potter came promptly. Also received an ingenious little keyboard for my phone. The phone has its own thumb typing keyboard but I have a lot of data to install on it. Windows "Live Search," has a GPS component and connects to the telephone's Contacts list. It will route to any address in the contacts. So entering my favorite bolt holes, Flying J's, Wal-Marts, friends, in the wide land is taking place. Live Search also has a muscular search program and will add places to the contacts list but not people. It is very interesting to compare the satellite imagery between Google Maps and Microsoft. Microsoft's maps are at least 10 years old- no huge hay sheds at Fegler's for instance. Google's maps are about three years old- no new house at Delaunays and a shed that is gone is still visible but I think I can see Charlene sunbathing in the nude. Bless my dense copse of trees!

I've whacked some weeds and puttered around- I am going to have to resume watering soon as we have had a few baking days.
Posted by Picasa