Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, July 23, 2007

2nd Annual Crawdad Boil



Janet called this afternoon. Her son Hollis had harvested beaucoup Crawdads while irrigating. As they need to be alive when cooked she called friends and relatives to dinner. She did have to call me twice because we missed but I had already left a message I would attend this treat. My across-the-road neighbors (and back aways), Guy's relatives, were invited and I had not met them in the many years I have lived out here. Ann is a fun lady, her new husband Wendell is an interesting man. Aunt Esther could not attend because she had spotted a rattlesnake on her premises and had shovels stationed at strategic spots in hopes of ending its days. Janet's mom and dad drove down from Sinks Canyon. We yakked and had a few Coronas and cooked the provender. It got up to 104 (at least) today so a picnic in the cooling evening was a pleasure, the food outstanding. I like when a nice surprise interrupts the routine. A complete how-to -do at the web album link:
104 Degrees, 2007 Crawdad Boil