Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My Little "Q-tie"

I have been lost in "Geek-dom" playing with the Motorola Q. I feel like Dick Tracy with a new wrist radio. Considering the heat and the mosquitoes, inside play is OK by me. Between what Motorola provided and outside developers made, I have tricked out this device to:

1. Import all my contacts and lots of email addresses via Bluetooth wireless so I can call, send a text message or picture, or e-mail to anybody who can receive them;
2. Import my "favorites" from my Web Browser so I can surf the Net from anywhere;
3. Import 1001 classic books and 30 short stories;
4. Network with my computers from anywhere in the U.S. so I can retrieve or send any picture, file, or listen to music from any of my computers on the Q's stereo speakers;
5. Find any place via Google Maps in both street and aerial views;
6. Find almost any business by map, phone number, or street address and map it with Windows Live Search;
7. Show several television stations via streaming video, listen to music from several countries, and check the weather nearly anyplace;
8. Listen to any of the music in my iTunes collection on a virtual private network Avvenu;
9. Take any of my Microsoft Office documents with me or retrieve them by Virtual Private Network and edit them on my phone;
10. Receive or send many kinds of documents via Infrared or Bluetooth;
11. Enable the GPS function to get spoken and visual directions anytime I want to subscribe to the feature;
12. Hold 250 MB of music; and hundreds of pictures. The sound quality is not bad.
It has an alarm clock, calendar alarms, and other potentials I haven't begun to explore. Oh, I can talk to it-tell it to dial somebody and it will. Really Cool Toy!

Since I am being "techie" I have to comment on Google. They have improved the Blog, Picasa, and Web Albums continuously. ( I can now send pictures from my phone to my Blog). I wish to heaven I had bought stock at $80, because it is around $500 per share now and they are so on the ball that I am proud to be using their services. They constantly impress me.

On the mammalian front, I finally connected (via the Q) with Delores who somehow ended up in Connecticutt, helping Jayne's daughter with a downsizing Moving sale. She and Jayne sat out by the garbage cans and cut each other's hair today and Jayne hosed them down afterward. Sounds like she is having some adventures, working hard and having fun. She conveyed the "good news" that Ed C has returned from Texas and he is a candidate for Cancer Surgery. He has gained some weight and was responsive to the chemotherapy. Hold good thoughts for Ed.

Carl S. stopped by and we had a brief visit. I had him look at the fridge in the Lindy. I will get an estimate.



Posted by Picasa