Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The 4th of July

Buster is my hero. We woke up today to find seven calves in the back yard. The feed in the yard is more lush than the pasture but the cattle have broken something every time they get in the yard. Buster gave a short "woof" and looked at me. "Go get 'em." says I. Ten seconds later they were halfway to the river. He didn't even leave the yard. The heeler in him rose to the top. I took him to town for a Sausage McMuffin. I had a few last minute chores anyway. But I told him it was in his honor because he did a good job.

Sue and Rasty had invited a group of us for a July 4th picnic. I had planned a "grab-bag" game I like so I had a few last minute errands. The party was great-strong characters all the way around and the conversation and humor was great. I like all these people and look forward to seeing them again. Sue and the other attendees put together a fine feast-mostly home grown that was memorable. Nan brought a homemade apple pie with homegrown apples that was terrific. Mother Nature topped it off with fireworks this evening: a Thunderstorm rolled in about 6 p.m. and the lightning caused the lights to go out about four times. There was no counting between flash and boom. No major damage and we got a nice little rain out of it.



Click on the link below for more about this great 4th of July"