Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Out Came the Sun and Dried...

...the Spider Out. The sun is shining, the temperature moderate for July in Wyoming. The terrific moisture is still soaking in. I will be anxious to see if Boysen Reservoir has risen when I go to see cuz Donna and others in Casper tomorrow.It has been drouthy- a lake of grass and willows where water should be.

I am coming off a period of feeling old and poorly as reflected in these musings. Could it be as simple as a Magnesium supplement pill? I had eaten 3 pounds of Cherries since Wednesday-usually calculated to produce the screaming meemies but ...nothing. Bloated, yes, feeling tired, leg cramps at night, weakness, droopy blurry vision. My diuretic did not seem to be having any effect. I began to wonder if something were missing so I went to my considerable cache of supplements and decided Minerals were first. Within an hour I was picking up. I Googled Magnesium Deficiency and there I was on page after page-even the Federal National Institute of Health page. If you take a diuretic, they know to replace Potassium, which I do, but not the others minerals. They get flushed away too. So I have been hitting loading doses of Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, and Calcium plus the one a day elements. I have remained awake all day. Attitude is about 100 percent better. The first thing to go when I fade is the memory so today I make a chart. I really do get angry with myself when the means to feel better is at hand and I do not avail myself. Makes me out to be a whiny, hypochondriacal old poop. Interestingly, my recent cravings-Spinach and chocolate are associated with magnesium deficiency. But when you look at the R.D.A. and what you have to eat to get it-nobody can do that. Reference Link to Magnesium below: (you will have to copy and paste in your browser- I don't know why)

a href="http://Magnesium">

Jehovah's Came. Yippee, Skippee!<